Added more photos from frequent contributor Robert Robinson: two of Yvette with Jennifer Sipes from The Jennifer Sipes Website, and one by herself -- once again, thanks!
Added the first of what I hope will be many messages from people who have met Yvette in person. Also, I just checked, and "Walking Tall -- The Payback" has been released on DVD; see the entry in the Recent News section for more info.
Added a photo contributed by Robert Robinson of Yvette, wearing one of her BeSoDoSo shirts, with Olivia Newton-John -- thanks!
Added a photo contributed by Robert Robinson of Yvette with Kevin Sorbo and some fans on the set of "Walking Tall" -- thanks!
Added a photo of Yvette I came across at www.Cinepatas.com.
Just got an email from Charles pointing out that Yvette isn't only modeling for Be So Do So Clothing. That is HER tee-shirt line, which she started in 2004. Thanks for the correction!
Added link in Recent News section to article about Yvette starring with Kevin Sorbo in independent films "Walking Tall 2" and "Walking Tall 3".
Added photos from online catalog for Be So Do So Clothing, for whom Yvette is a model -- thanks to ddsharp33 for letting me know the site and photos existed!
Added two new photos contributed by Robert Robinson -- thanks!
In response to several emails, added information on Patrick McDermott and his relationship to Yvette.
Added articles on Yvette during her RoboCop days from Starlog and TV Zone magazines.
Added photo graciously provided by Suzie from Rising Star Photos. Thanks!
Added photos contributed by Robert Robinson -- thanks!
Page first published.
This is my personal tribute to Yvette Nipar, an actress who has not received nearly enough popular and critical accolades. I hope that this page will, in some small way, begin to rectify that.
If you have any additions, suggestions, comments, or questions, feel free to email me at .
Has anyone visiting this site ever met Yvette? If so, please consider writing and telling us what she is like in person! I would love to have a section devoted to stories contributed by those who have met her.
2007 March: "Walking Tall -- The Payback" has been released on DVD. It's IMDB page is here, and it's Amazon.com page is here.
2006 May: According to Alan Peppard, Lifestyles Columnist for the Dallas News, Yvette Nipar and Kevin Sorbo are co-starring in the independent features "Walking Tall 2" and "Walking Tall 3". The films are being shot back-to-back in Dallas until the end of June.
2005 August: I have received a number of emails asking about the disappearance of Patrick McDermott and his relationship to Yvette Nipar. After doing some research online, the best information I have found is:
- Patrick McDermott has not been seen since going on a 24-hour fishing trip out of San Pedro, about 33km south of Los Angeles, on June 30.
- Yvette Nipar and McDermott were married on March 1, 1992, when Nipar was four months pregnant with their son, Chance. They divorced just over a year later, on June 30, 1993.
- It was Nipar who first alerted police that McDermott was missing. She did so on July 10, when she found McDermott's car parked at the 22nd Street pier in San Pedro. She had become concerned when he failed to appear at a family function on July 6.
- Reportedly, one theory being considered by the police is that McDermott faked his own disappearance to avoid having to pay outstanding child support. There are witnesses who claim to have seen McDermott get off the fishing boat at the end of the trip.
I hope all those who visit this site will join me in keeping Yvette and her son in our thoughts, and in wishing for a safe and quick resolution to the situation.
- The Internet Movie DataBase (IMDB) Yvette Nipar Page
- The TVTome Yvette Nipar Page
- The All Movie Guide Yvette Nipar Page
- Article from Starlog #204 (July 1994)
- Article from TV Zone Special #19 (December 1995)
Years ago, when I lived in Baytown and waitressed with Yvette's mother, I needed a babysitter for my little guy and little gal. When I got home from an evening out, we found out that they had had a slight accident. Evidently, one of them had spilled a Coke on a table (cardboard under the tablecloth). The table collapsed eventually with a lit candle on it. It could have been a horrible happening, but Yvette made sure a possible disaster was averted. Quick thinking teen! This mom is one of her earliest fans! Tamra, March 2007
If anyone else has met Yvette in person, please consider telling us about it. Just email your story to me at the above address, and I'll post it as quickly as I can.
|You are visitor||
||since May 9, 2005.|